Are you ready for Cosmetic Surgery?
Cosmetic surgery is a medical procedure and a major decision –
careful consideration should be given to your choice of provider
and consultant to ensure you satisfy your personal requirements as
well as clinical standards.
The following checklist has been designed to help you make your
- Does your selected Consultant Surgeon specialise in the area of
surgery you are considering and has he/she worked in both the NHS
and the private sector for a significant length of time?
- Is your selected Consultant Surgeon registered with the
General Medical Council (GMC) and included on the GMC specialist
register for surgery?
- In case of emergency during your immediate recovery period,
does the your chosen surgeon reside near the address of the
hospital he is working in and is he/she accessible and available
throughout your hospital stay and immediate post-operative recovery
- Is your chosen hospital registered with the Care
Quality Commission, and appropriately equipped with specialist
plastic surgery resources? Is the hospital staffed with
appropriately trained and experienced medical and clinical
- Does your chosen hospital have appropriately trained clinical
personnel, trained to deal in the delivery of emergency care on a
24 hour, seven days per week basis?
- Does your chosen hospital seem willing to let you visit their
facilities and insist that you consult with the actual Consultant
Surgeon who will perform your operation before attempting to
confirm a procedure date?
- Does your chosen Consultant and hospital project a totally
professional and responsible attitude, ensuring that you are well
informed of all risks of surgery prior to expecting you to make any
commitment to undergo a surgical procedure?
- Does your consultant and hospital advise you that the Care
Quality Commission expects all prospective cosmetic surgery
patients to have a 14 day “cooling off period” following a
consultation and before proceeding with surgery?
How do I find out more?
To find out more about cosmetic surgery or non
surgical treatments at a Ramsay hospital close to you,
contact us today.
Alternatively come along to one of our free cosmetic surgery open
evenings to find out more about a procedure you are