Ramsay Health Care Patient Terms & Conditions
The Terms & Conditions set out below along with those set out in your Quotation Letter are the terms upon which treatment will be provided to you at a fixed cost under a fixed cost care package (“Fixed Cost Care Package”) at a Ramsay hospital or clinic (“Hospital”). Please read them carefully and raise any questions you may have before you sign the Quotation Letter agreeing to be bound by these Terms.
Fixed Cost Care Package Inclusions (unless stated otherwise)Prior to your Admission:
- Pre-operative assessment
During your Hospital stay:
- Your Hospital accommodation including meals where applicable
- Operating theatre charges, drugs and dressings
- Your nursing care
- In-patient diagnostic services namely MRI, CT and Xray
- Histology and pathology
- Surgical equipment
- Consultants’ fees while you are in Hospital
- Sixty days of post discharge outpatient care commencing on the day you leave Hospital which includes where applicable:
- One follow up consultation with your Consultant
- One post operative x-ray
- Removal of sutures and stitches, dressings
- Take home drugs for up to 10 days as prescribed by your Consultant
Fixed Cost Care Package Exclusions (unless stated otherwise)
- Diagnostic tests or services provided prior to your admission
- Diagnostic tests provided following discharge (other than one x-ray as set out above)
- Out-patient consultations prior to your admission
- Out-patient consultations following discharge other than those set out above
- Sundry items such as telephone calls, newspapers and meals for visitors
- Care that you receive anywhere other than at the Hospital where you booked your treatment
- Nursing and treatment provided after your Consultant has advised you can be discharged
- Any revision surgery which is not considered a direct complication of your treatment
- Anything else not covered in the Fixed Cost Care Package inclusions
- Payment in full must be made at least ten days prior to admission
- Payment can be made by debit or credit card or online transfer
- Payment by American Express will not be accepted. Should you wish to make an online transfer or pay by cheque, which is accepted only by prior arrangement, please contact the Hospital’s Business Office
- The Hospital reserves the right to refuse admission to a patient whohas not paid in full
- All charges for sundry items must be paid on discharge
- Where practicable you or your next of kin will be advised of any additional charges before they are incurred
- Unless otherwise agreed, the Fixed Cost Care Package fee for your treatment is the fee set out in your Quotation Letter
- We reserve the right not to offer a Fixed Cost Care Package for any reason or to withdraw the Fixed Cost Care Package at any time prior to treatment
- We may increase the Fixed Cost Care Package fee following receipt of the pre-operative assessment results or if you are relying on a Quotation that was issued more than 30 days prior to the date of your pre-operative assessment
- If there is any conflict between the terms of your Quotation Letter and these Terms, these Terms will take precedence
What happens if you decide not to proceed with your treatment?
- If you decide not to proceed, you agree to pay for any care received up to the point of cancellation which will be charged at the Hospital’s standard rates which are available on request
- We reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee for any appointment cancelled within 7 days of a scheduled appointment date or date of admission for treatment
What happens if your treatment is cancelled?
Cancellation due to non-disclosure of a pre-existing condition
- We reserve the right to terminate the Fixed Cost Care Package at any time and to charge a cancellation fee in the event of your failure to disclose any pre-existing medical condition known to you. If payment has already been made by you, we shall refund the payment less any amount that you owe to the Hospital and/or Consultant. In such circumstances, the cost of care received will be charged for at the Hospital’s standard rates
Cancellation for medical reasons
- If your Consultant cancels treatment subsequent to your preoperative assessment because it is considered not be in your medical interests and you have already disclosed any known pre-existing medical conditions, the Hospital shall either waive any fees incurred for care received up to that point or refund in full the Fixed Cost Care Package fee if payment has already been made by you.
What happens if there are complications?
- The Hospital and your Consultant will do their best to ensure a satisfactory outcome in respect of your treatment but the results of any treatment cannot be guaranteed with complete certainty
- Treatment summaries including common complications can be found on our website at https://www.ramsayhealth.co.uk/ treatments
Directly related complications whilst in Hospital
- If a directly related complication arises whilst you are in Hospital which relates to your treatment, the costs arising from any consultations or inpatient care shall be covered under your Fixed Cost Care Package
Directly related complications within 30 days of discharge
• If a directly related complication occurs within 30 days of your discharge from Hospital, the costs arising due to such readmission will be covered under your Fixed Cost Care Package providing that:
(i) you have followed the instructions of your Consultant and other medical staff who were involved in your treatment and;
(ii) your original hospital stay and re-admission is for no more than 30 days in total.
- Any subsequent periods of re-admission, whether subject to your
Fixed Cost Care Package or otherwise, are not included in the Fixed
Cost Care Package fee.
What happens if your Hospital stay is shorter than expected?
No refund of any portion of the Fixed Cost Care Package will be given if you remain in Hospital for less than the expected length of stay or if any elements of the Fixed Cost Care Package are not utilised
What happens if you decide to stay longer in Hospital?
- If, following the agreement of the Hospital, you decide to stay beyond the discharge date recommended by your Consultant you will be charged an additional sum which shall be at the standard rates of the Hospital and Consultant.
- All references in these Terms to “Consultants” are to consultants, anaesthetists and surgeons involved in your care. Consultants are self-employed practitioners and provide their services directly to you. They are not employed by the Hospital and accordingly the Hospital shall not be liable for any act or omission of a Consultant.