Weight Loss Surgery at Park Hill Hospital
Park Hill Hospital is one of South Yorkshire's leading private hospitals with an excellent reputation for delivering high quality healthcare treatments and services. Located in Doncaster, the hospital currently has 17 bedrooms and a four bedded day care unit all with en suite facilities.
By investing in advanced medical technology, the hospital offers a wide range of treatments and services. The fully equipped ultra clean air theatre is particularly suitable for orthopaedic procedures offered such as arthroscopy and hip and knee replacement. The day unit is suitable for minor operations.
Park Hill Hospital offers the following weight loss procedures:Gastric Band Gastric Sleeve Gastric Balloon Gastric Band Failure Gastric Bypass Failure Gastric Sleeve Conversion
Weight Loss Surgery Consultants at Ashtead Hospital
Mr Srinivasan Balchandra
Mr Scrinivasan Balchandra offers Weight Loss surgery, Laproscopic (key-hole) surgery and surgery for acid reflux. He is one fo the leading surgeons in Laproscopic and Bariatric (Weight Loss) surgery.
As one of the leading surgeons in Laparoscopic and Bariatric (weightloss) surgery, he has performed over 300 "weight-loss" operations with excellent results. He has also performed over 2000 laparoscopic procedures with very good outcomes and an almost negligible complication rate. So you can be assured of technical proficency and high quality care.
He has a number of academic awards and distinctions including: Ethicon Prize for Best Research Presentation, Best Resident in Trauma Surgery and he has been nominated for Pfizer Best Thesis Prize. Mr Balchandra has held training posts across the globe and has publications in several peer-reviewed publications including the British Journal of Surgery.
- MBBS University of Bombay 1992
- MS (General Surgery) University of Bombay 1996
- FRCSI Royal college of Surgeons 1998
- MD University of Manchester 2009
- FRCS (Gen Surg) Intercollegiate Board 2009
- Specialist training in Upper GI & Bariatric Surgery Leeds & Hull 2009
- Overseas visistiing Fellow Mayo Clinic- Rochester Minnesota 2012
Details of entry to specialist register
- General, Upper GI & Bariatric Surgery, 2010
Mr Peter Vasas
Mr Peter Vasas is a fully accredited General, upper gastro-intestinal, laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon. He is on the Specialist Register for General surgery and is a full member of the British Obesity and Metabolic Surgery Society. He has had extensive training in both general surgery and weight loss surgery and has a special interest in diabetes treatment with bariatric surgery.
Mr Vasas graduated from the Debrecen University, Hungary in 1999. He pursued his Basic Surgical Training in Budapest and in London. He completed a Master of Science degree in cancer surgery at the University College London. He began his career in Bariatric Surgery in 2011 when he was trained in Belgium by Dr Bruno Dillemans, who is one of the world leader in bariatric surgery. After this, Mr Vasas undertook the prestigious Ethicon sponsored bariatric Fellowship at the Luton & Dunstable University Hospital in 2012-2013.
- MD Medical university Debrecen 1999
- Msc University College London 2009
- Ethicon Sponsored Bariatric Fellowship Luton & Dunstable University Hospital 2013
Mr Abdulzahra Hussain is a Consultant General Surgeon in Doncaster, South Yorkshire who specialises in general & weight loss surgery.
- Qualified in 1989,completed higher surgical training 1997 ,fellow of Royal Colleges of England and Ireland (FRCS England, FRC Ireland).
- Fellow of European Board, General Surgery (FEBS)
- Member of National Research Ethics
- Published more than 100 articles in surgical and medical journals and a chapter in a book
- Editorial board member of three surgical journals and a reviewer to many others.