Weight Loss Surgery at Winfield Hospital
Winfield Hospital is one of Gloucestershire's leading private hospitals, located on the outskirts of the City of Gloucester. It is situated off the Northern Ring Road with excellent road and rail links. The hospital opened in 1992 and currently has 40 beds including three twin-bedded rooms all with en-suite facilities.
The recent completion of an extensive £1.5 million refurbishment and investment in advanced medical technology ensures Winfield Hospital retains its reputation for delivering high quality care in a clean and friendly environment.
Winfield Hosptital offers the following weight loss procedures:Gastric Band Gastric Sleeve Gastric Balloon Gastric Band Failure Gastric Bypass Failure Gastric Sleeve Conversion
Weight Loss Surgery Consultants at Winfield Hospital
Mr David Hewin
Mr Hewin is a General Surgeon working mainly with Upper Gastrointestinal surge=ry cases.
His specialist interests include bariatric surgery (weight loss surgery, including gastric band and gastric balloon), advanced laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery including keyhole surgery for gallstones, acid reflux and hernias
- Medicine University of Bristol 1989
Affiliations / memberships
- Association of Surgeons or Great Britain and Ireland
- Association of Upper GI Surgeons
- Assocation of Endoscopic Surgeons
- General Medical Council (GMC No 3316177)
- Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons
- British Obesity Surgery Society
- International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity
- European Association of Endoscopic Surgery