Weight Loss Surgery at Springfield Hospital
Springfield Hospital is a 64 bedded unit consisting of fifty eight private bedrooms four of which are two bedded parent and child rooms and a high observation unit with two beds. Each private bedroom has its own en-suite facilities and a television with remote control. Meals are served as room service and we can offer a catering service for relatives and friends.
All of our consultants are subject to strict vetting procedures to ensure only those with the appropriate experience and qualifications are granted Practising Privileges.
Springfield Hospital offers the following weight loss procedures:Gastric Band Gastric Sleeve Gastric Balloon Gastric Band Failure Gastric Bypass Failure Gastric Sleeve Conversion
Weight Loss Surgery Consultants at Springfield Hospital
Mr Naga Venkatesh Jayanthi
Mr Jayanthi graduated from the prestigious Bangalore Medical College & Research Institute in India. He undertook research at Oxford University studying the role of stem cells in islet transplantation for cure of diabetes for which he was awarded an MD.
Following this he was appointed to All Wales Higher Surgical Training programme where he completed his specialist surgical training. Mr Jayanthi has obtained training at world-renowned centres of excellence. He spent a year as a Senior Laparoscopic Fellow at ICENI, Colchester. He worked the following year as a Senior Registrar at St James’ University Hospital, Leeds. Apart from being a busy centre for cancer surgery, Leeds is a pioneering centre for Bariatric Surgery. He was then selected for the coveted Ethicon Bariatric Fellowship at Musgrove Park Hospital, Taunton, which is an International Centre of Excellence for Bariatric Surgery.
Mr Jayanthi works as a Consultant Surgeon at Broomfield Hospital and has a private practice at Springfield Hospital, Chelmsford. Mr Jayanthi is a strong advocate of key hole surgery and majority of his practice, both elective and emergency operations are performed laparoscopically. He was awarded the prestigious David Dunn Travelling Scholarship by ALSGBI (http://www.alsgbi.org/resources/fellowships.htm). As a part of this award he has travelled to Japan in Sept / Oct 2013 and will be travelling to India in the beginning of 2014. This has enabled Mr Jayanthi to bring a number of advanced key hole surgery techniques to UK.
- MB BS Bangalore University, India 1999
- MRCS Ed The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2002
- MD Newcastle University & Oxford University 2007
- FRCS (Upper GI Surgery) The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2009
- Ethicon Bariatric Fellow Musgrove Hospital, Taunton (International Centre of Excellence) 2011
- Senior Registrar, Bariatric & Oesophagogastric Surgery St James University Hospital, Leeds 2010
- Senior Laparoscopic Fellow ICENI Centre, Colchester 2009
- Higher Surgical Training All Wales Deanery 2005
Details of entry to specialist register
- General Medical Council, 2012
Affiliations / memberships
- Association of Upper Gastro-Intestinal Surgeons
- Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons of Great Britain & Ireland
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain & Ireland
- British Obesity & Metabolic Surgery Society (Sub-committee member - communications)
- Royal Society of Medicine
- European Association of Endoscopic Surgeons