Mr Al-Musawi is an established Consultant General Surgeon at Ashtead, Surrey since 2001
• Upper GI Surgery
• Laparoscopic (keyhole) Surgery;
• Endocrine Surgery (Thyroid and Parathyroid)
• Gastro-intestinal tract Surgery;
• Hernia repair (including Laparoscopic; Umbilical; Epigastric; Inguinal; Femoral; Incisional; Groin; Abdominal; Recurrent; Open mesh; and Sport-related hernia repair). Mr Al-Musawi has performed over 1000 laparoscopic hernia repairs.
• Gall stones/ gallbladder stones (Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy; Cholecystitis; Obstructive Jaundice). Mr Al-Musawi has performed over 2000 laparoscopic gallbladder procedures
• Gastroesophageal reflux /gastroesophageal reflux / acid reflux (Laparoscopic Hiatus hernia repair; Nissen's Fundoplication); He has also performed over 300 laparoscopic operations for reflux.
• Intestinal adhesions
• Other Laparoscopic Procedures; (Appendicectomy; Splenectomy; Adrenalectomy; Intestinal Adhesion division; Gastric Surgery; Bowell Surgery; Pancreatic Pseudocysts);
• Anal canal procedures (Haemorrhoides; Anal fissure; Anal fistula; Pilonidal sinus);
• Skin lesions (skin moles, cysts, nodules, abscesses)
• Endoscopy (Gastroscopy; Sigmoidoscopy; Colonoscopy)
• Pancreatic diseases
For more information about Mr Al-Musawi, including a selection of publications, clinical audits and outcome images of his work, please click here
Initial consultation fee will not exceed £250 and follow-up consultation fee will not exceed £175.
Mr Al-Musawi graduated from Baghdad University in 1979 with MB ChB degree. He came to the UK in 1991 for further training, especially in laparoscopic surgery and undertook this training in North West London.
He has many Postgraduate Qualifications in Surgery including Diploma and Master Degrees, Board Certificate in Surgery, Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons of England and FRCS Intercollegiate UK in (General Surgery).
He was awarded the international ''HALLET PRIZE'' by the Royal College of Surgeon of England.
MB Ch B Baghdad University- Iraq 1979
Diploma in General Surgery Mustansyria University-Baghdad 1988
CABS - Board Certificate of Surgery Board of Surgery-Baghdad Centre 1989
MSc - Master in Surgical Sciences Imperial College School of Medicine-Hammersmith Hospital 1998
FRCS (ENGLAND) - Royal College of Surgeons of England 1992
FRCS - Intercollegiate Speciality Board Royal Colleges of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland 1999
Specialist Registrar with Professor Williamson Hammersmith Hospital - Hepatic and Pancreatobiliary Unit 1997
Specialist Registrar with Mr Rosin and Mr Glazer St Mary's Hospital, London - Upper GI, Laparoscopic Surgery and Endocrine Surgery 1999
Specialist Registrar with Mr J Thompson Chelsea and Westminster Hospital - Upper GI and Laparoscopic Surgery 2000
General Medical Council
Epsom & St Helier NHS Trust
Mon am, Tues am, Weds eve and Sat am