Search for a Specialist
- Cholesterol disorders;
- Kidney Stones Prevention;
- Biochemical and Electrolytes Disorders (including Vitamin and Mineral);
- Metabolic Bone disorders (e.g Vitamin D related problems, osteoporosis);
- Obesity and Nutrition;
- Lactose Intolerance.
- FRCPath (UK) The Royal College of Pathologists (UK) 2014
- MRCP (UK) The Royal College of Physicians (London) 2009
- SCE Diabetes & Endocrinology The Royal College of Physicians (UK)2013
- MSc Clinical Chemistry University of Birmingham 2009
- MSc Public Health University of Western Sydney 2001
Dr Ahmed is Consultant, Clinical Lead and Clinical Director in Chemical Pathology and Metabolic Medicine at Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Trust.
He is also an honorary Consultant and Senior Clinical Lecturer at the University of Oxford and is involved in teaching and examining with the University of Buckingham Medical School.
Dr Ahmed completed his dual speciality training at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust. Whilst working in Nottingham, he obtained his Speciality Certificate Exam in Diabetes and Endocrinology as well an MSc in Clinical Chemistry.
After completing his MBBS, he spent time in Sydney, Australia where he obtained an MSc in Public Health. Dr Ahmed has worked with renowned Professors, Doctors and professionals from Oxford and Nottingham and he has published a range of works in both national and international journals.
He is a recipient of the NHS Clinical Excellence Award for his outstanding achievements.