Search for a Specialist
Mr Kasra Taherian is a Consultant Ophthalmologist in Preston who specialises in Corneal Surgery and Cataracts.
Corneal surgery / disease; Cataract surgery with extremely low complication rates, Eye lid disorders, Incisional corneal and lens based refractive surgery, General Ophthalmology, medical management of Glaucoma, Dry Eyes, Pterygium surgery.
Mr Taherian has over 23 years of experience in the field of Clinical Ophthalmology. Apart from being a Consultant Ophthalmologist at the Royal Preston Hospital where he helps provide a comprehensive ophthalmic service at Lancashire Teaching Hospitals, he is currently the National Lead Clinician for Ophthalmology, Health Education England (e-learning for healthcare), President of the North of England Ophthalmological Society (2015-2016), Editor - Ophthalmopaedia, Member Education committee & Chair of e-learning subcommittee, Royal College of Ophthalmologists. He also has an interest in the field of Medical Education and is an editor on the Royal College of Ophthalmologists national e-learning project.
His previous appointments included Honorary Clinical Lecturer in Ophthalmology at University of Aberdeen, Consultant Ophthalmologist at Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. Mr Taherian trained as a Specialist Registrar in Ophthalmology in Yorkshire with sub specialty training at St James University Hospital Leeds, Bristol Eye Hospital and Moorfields Eye Hospital, London.
1. President (2015-2016), North of England Ophthalmological Society
2. Fellow Royal College of Ophthalmologists, UK.
3. Fellow, European Board of Ophthalmology.
4. Fellow Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh.
5. Member, Medical Defence Union.
6. Member, British Medical Association
7. Member, Moorfields Eye Hospital Alumni Association.
8. Member University of Leeds Alumni association
Lancashire Teaching Hospital