Search for a Specialist
Mr Niraj Khetan is a Consultant General Surgeon in Doncaster, South Yorkshire who specialises in Laparoscopic and Colorectal surgery. He is also a specialist Endoscopist (Colonoscopy and Gastroscopy).
Mr Khetan’s Clinical Interests include:
General Surgery –
• Gall Bladder Surgery
• Different Hernias including groin hernias, Lumps and Swellings
• Diagnostics for abdominal pain and stomach issues
Colorectal Surgery –
• Benign anal conditions; haemorrhoids, fistula, fissure, rectal prolapse
• Bowel Cancer
• Diverticular disease
• Inflammatory bowel disease (Crohns and Ulcerative colitis)
• Diagnostics tests for abdominal pain, bowel symptoms, bleeding per rectum/back passage, anaemia, tummy lumps and weight loss
•Camera testing including Gastroscopy and Colonoscopy
Mr Khetan’s journey started at Delhi University in 1983 and he then continued to achieve higher specialised training in Delhi, Mumbai and The United Kingdom. He was appointed a consultant surgeon in 2006 at Doncaster and Bassetlaw NHS Teaching Hospital NHS Trust and he is now the senior Gastro Surgeon within the trust as well as Deputy Director of Education. He is also accredited Endoscopist for Bowel Cancer screening (BOSS programme).
Mr Khetan has held several senior management roles within the trust including Governance /Audit Lead and Clinical lead of Gastrointestinal Surgery department.
M.B.B.S. (Delhi University)
Master of Surgery (Delhi University)
Diploma in Post Graduate Education (Sheffield University)
Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons (Edinburgh)
Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland
Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
Doncaster and Bassetlaw Teaching Hospital Foundation NHS Trust
Monday, Tuesday & Friday