Search for a Specialist
Psychological Services for Mental and Physical Health Problems, including;
· Bereavement, Grief and Loss
· Couple, Family and Relationship Difficulties
· Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME
· Divorce/Relationship break ups
· Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
· Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
· Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
· Panic Attacks
· Phobias, including fear of flying
· Physical Health and Medical Condition Related
· Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
· Sexual Abuse and Trauma
· Sleep Difficulties and Insomnia
· Self Esteem and Confidence Issues
· Stress and Stress Related Illness
· Trauma, including assaults and work related accidents
· Work Related Stress
This is not an exhaustive list and Dr Neilson is able to offer assessment and treatment for other difficulties.
Dr Jill Neilson is a Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society (BPS) and a Chartered Psychologist (CPsychol), having dual chartering as a Counselling and Health Psychologist. Dr Neilson completed her professional training (DPsych) at City University, London. Prior to this she had completed a MSc In Psychology applied to Medicine at Stirling University. Further professional qualifications include a MSc in Systemic Therapy and Consultant Level EMDR training.
She is a Consultant Psychologist with over twenty years experience in the NHS and private practice, working in both physical and mental health settings.
She offers three therapy specialisms:
• Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) – including third wave CBT approaches: Mindfulness, Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Compassion Focussed Therapy
• Systemic and Family Therapy
• Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR).
The therapeutic approach depends on the individual and the difficulties they are experiencing at the time. The most suitable approach will be discussed at the outset of the therapy.
MSc Counselling Psychology
MSc Psychology Applied to Medicine
MSc Systemic and Family Therapy
BSc (Hons) Psychology
Consultant Level EMDR Training
The British Psychological Society (BPS)
The Health Professions Council (HPC)
The United Kingdom Council of Psychotherapy (UKCP)
The British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP)
EMDR Association UK and Ireland
The Royal Society of Medicine
As part of her ongoing professional development she attends professional training and conferences.
Hertfordshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
Tuesday & Wednesday evening