Search for a Specialist
Mr Chris Peter Spencer is Gynaecology Consultant specialising pelvic floor surgery, incontinence, colposcopy, urogynaecology, menopause, gynaecological ultrasound, and hysteroscopic surgery.
Mr Spencer has a special interest in pelvic floor surgery, incontinence and minimal access surgery. He is also an accredited colposcopist with the British Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology.
His other clinical interests are urogynaecology, pelvic organ prolapse, menopause, gynaecological ultrasound, colposcopy and hysteroscopic surgery.
Mr Spencer qualified from Cambridge University and carried out most of his postgraduate training in London at St Thomas’ Hospital and King’s College Hospital, London. He worked as a research fellow at King’s College Hospital studying the metabolic effects of hormone replacement therapy (HRT). He has published numerous papers and abstracts in leading journals and has been invited to speak at several national and international meetings.
• Gynaecological Surgery (FRCOG, GMC registered specialist)
• Colposcopy (RCOG/BSCCP certified)
• Trainer in Transvaginal Scanning (British Fertility Society)
• Minimal Access Surgery preceptor (RCOG) for both hysteroscopic and laparoscopic surgery
• RCOG/RCR Advanced Training Certificate in Obstetric Ultrasound
• MD degree – University of Cambridge
• Adviser to the Healthcare Commission
MPS, BMA, RCOG, BSCCP.
Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford, Essex
Thursday mornings and evenings