Marina Hopes is a Consultant Ophthalmologist in Chelmsford, Essex who specialises in Glaucoma and Cataract Surgery
- Glaucoma diagnosis and treatment including laser and surgery (selective laser trabeculoplasty, trabeculectomy, aqueous drainage devices/tubes, micro-invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS))
- Cataract surgery by means of small incision surgery with mono-focal and Enhanced Depth of Focus (EDOF) intra-ocular lenses
- laser treatment (e.g. YAG capsulotomy and Argon laser procedures)
- blepharitis, dry eyes diagnosis and treatment
- acute and chronic general ophthalmology (eye/eyes), e.g. age related macular degeneration (ARMD), retinal vein occlusion (RVO)
Marina Hopes has been a full time consultant ophthalmologist, glaucoma and cataract surgeon in Broomfield hospital, Chelmsford, since 2018. She has completed a higher opthalmology specialist training in the East Anglia region and completed two glaucoma fellowships in Norwich University Hospital and Addenbrooke's University Hospital. Marina Hopes gained an academic degree of Doctor of Medicine from the University of East Anglia in 2015. Her topic of interest was to find the way to slow down degenerative processes in the retina.
Marina Hopes is interested in glaucoma and dry eyes disease management, innovative and traditional surgical procedures in the management of glaucoma. To enhance her routine clinical practice, she leads glaucoma research in Broomfield hospital. Miss Hopes is also closely involved with training of the medical students at the Anglia Ruskin University and Broomfield hospital.
Marina Hopes is a member of the General Medical Council, a fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists, and a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmologists.
Mid and South Essex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust