Search for a Specialist
Mr Aria Ghassemi is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon in Chelmsford, Essex who specialises in foot and ankle conditions.
Lower limb foot and ankle including:
* Treatment of arthritis affecting the foot and ankle
* Treatment of all foot and ankle injuries including fractures and fracture dislocations
* Treatment of sports injuries of the foot and ankle including the use of arthroscopy
* Treatment of tendon disorders of the foot and ankle
* Treatment of plantar fascitis and heel/foot pain
* Treatment of toenail disorders and neuromas
* Excision of bony lumps/soft tissue swellings of the foot and ankle
* Achilles tendon injuries
* Rheumatoid feet
* Hallux valgus and rigidus
* Bunion/lesser toe correction
Mr Ghassemi qualified at the London Hospital Medical College in 1995, completing further training in Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery before taking his MSc in Surgical Sciences in 2001.
As a specialist on the North East Thames rotation, Mr Ghassemi received training in all aspects of Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery. This included lower limb reconstruction and foot and ankle trauma, working at The Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Great Ormond Street Hospital and The Royal London Hospital. His fellowship training took place at the prestigious Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre in Oxford where he honed his skills in all aspects of complex foot and ankle surgery.
He has an ongoing interest in research and has published widely, including a medical text book on heel pain.
MBBS, MSc, FRCS
University College London Hospital NHS Trust
Monday pm/eve and Saturday am