Search for a Specialist
Mr Yousaf Shah is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Winfield Hospital in Gloucester who specialises in Spinal Surgery
- Degenerative spinal conditions causing neck, back & limb pain including stenosis
- Spinal trauma including osteoporotic vertebral fractures
- Spinal tumours and infection
- Sciatica & radiculopathy
- Microdiscectomy & spinal decompression surgery
- Spinal fusion procedures
- Cervical disc operations including disc replacement
- Minimally invasive spine surgery
- Vertebroplasty & Kyphoplasty
- Nerve root blocks/ epidural injections/ radiofrequency ablation
Yousaf Shah is a result oriented spinal surgeon with global professional medical experience, including work in UK, Middle East and Asia. He is a firm believer of good patient-doctor relationship and his ethos is that patients’ full understanding of the disease process and plan of management, is vital for their well-being and good clinical outcome.
After completing his orthopaedic training in UK, he received his sub-specialty spine fellowship in management of degenerative conditions in Reading and in complex spinal disorders in Oxford, including scoliosis and tumour. He also secured a masters degree in orthopaedic engineering from Cardiff University. He has made various presentations both nationally and internationally and is currently a faculty member of an internationally renowned course for preparation of the FRCS Trauma & Orthopaedic Examination.
Besides English, he can communicate in Arabic, Hindi, Urdu and Punjabi languages. He loves composing music and playing table tennis, is happily married and has three children who are a source of immense motivation.
British Association of Spine Surgeons
North American Spine Society
British Orthopaedic Association
British Trauma Society
Consultant Trauma & Orthopaedic Spine Surgeon, Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust