Search for a Specialist
Dr Kai Hogrefe is a Consultant Cardiologist and Foundation Training Programme Director at Kettering General Hospital NHS Trust in Kettering, Northamptonshire
Assessments and management of common cardiac symptoms such as:
• chest discomfort / pain
• palpitations, irregular heart beats
• lightheadedness / dizziness
• blackouts /near blackouts / syncope
Risk factors such as:
• high blood pressure
• elevated cholesterol
• Atrial fibrillation and other heart rhythm disturbances
• Cardiomyopathy (heart muscle disease)
• Coronary artery disease (e.g. angina, heart attack)
• Heart failure
• POTS and orthostatic hypotension
• Valve disease (e.g. aortic stenosis or mitral regurgitation)
Dr Hogrefe is also a specialist interventional cardiologist performing:
• cardiac catheterisation (coronary angiogram)
• percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI)
• long-term ECG monitoring (implantable loop recorder)
• permanent pacemaker implantation
Dr Hogrefe works as a Consultant Cardiologist at Kettering General Hospital NHS Trust and looks after cardiac patient at the Woodland Hospital and has done so for over 10 years.
He completed his training and achieved dual accreditation in Cardiology and General Medicine in 2006 and was awarded the Doctor of Medicine at the University of Leicester.
He is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physician and is committed to ongoing research and medical education. He is actively involved in important clinical trials as principle investigator or sub-investigator contributing to the growing medical knowledge and enhancing future cardiac care.
He is also an enthusiastic teacher and is currently looking after our local foundation doctors as the Training Programme Director.
Full registration with GMC
British Medical Association (BMA)
British Cardiovascular Society (BCS)
British Cardiovascular Intervention Society (BCIS)
Registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust NHS office: 01536 493344
Tuesday a.m. Evenings and Saturdays on request and availability