Miss Ami Shukla - consultant gynaecologist surgeon at the Woodland Hospital specalising in urogynecology, female incontenence and pelvic floor surgery
Miss Shukla specialises in
· Women’s Health
· Pelvic Ultrasound
· Menstrual problems
· Sexual dysfunction
Mrs A Shukla provides a professional service for the assessment and treatment of a wide range of Urogynaecological and gynaecological issues which includes the following:
• Recurrent Cystitis (urinary infection)
• Urge / frequency (overactive or urgent bladder)
• Urge incontinence (urinary leakage with urge)
• Stress incontinence (urinary leakage with exercise or activity)
• Voiding difficulty (problem with bladder emptying)
• Painful bladder symptoms (interstitial cystitis)
• Bed wetting
• Coital incontinence (urinary leakage during sex)
• Lax vagina or prolapse (vaginal bulge or lump)
• Vaginal wind
Childbirth / pregnancy related issues:
• Incontinence or other bladder problems
• Painful perineum or wound healing issues
• Sexual difficulties
• Cosmetic vaginal issues after childbirth
• Constipation / difficulty with bowel emptying
• Bowel incontinence
• Urgent / frequent bowel symptoms
General and adolescent gynaecology:
• Painful or heavy periods
• Enlarged or asymmetric labia causing pain or discomfort
• Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
• Contraception difficulties
• Pre-menstrual syndrome / pelvic pain
• Absent or infrequent periods
• Painful sex
• Loss of libido (interest) and other difficulties
· Pelvic Ultrasound scan
· Urodynamic study
· Cervical smear
· Vaginal hysterectomy
· Pelvic floor repair
· Biological graft repairs
· Tension free vaginal tape (TVT)
· Transobturator tapes
· Removal of mesh
· Laparoscopic treatment of endometriosis
· Removal of ovarian cysts
· Endometrial ablation
Mrs Shukla offers all non surgical and surgical choices for gynaecological problems. For surgical treatment options for prolapse, she does not use mesh routinely. For urinary incontinence, she can offer surgery with or without the use of a tape.
You are welcome to visit her website www.female-gynaecologist.com where you will find useful information.
Clinic times are:
Monday evening 7 till 8
Wednesday morning 8 till 10
Wednesday evening 7 till 8
Thursday evening (2nd and 4th) 6 till 8
Friday evening 5:30 till 8
Saturday morning : 8 till 1
Mrs Ami Shukla is a Consultant obstetrician and Gynaecologist with special interest in Urogynaecology.
She followed her Gynaecology training in Oxford training program where majority of her time was dedicated to obtain an experience in Urogynaecology. She has also travelled to Australia to learn advanced surgical treatment for the recurrent prolapse
MD, FRCOG.Dip Medical Law, Dip in Medical Ultrasound
In addition to her basic medical degree (MB BS), Membership to the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (MRCOG) she is trained in gynaecological ultrasound scanning, colposcopy and urodynamics. She had her Gynaecology training in Oxford training program where majority of her time was dedicated to obtain an experience in Urogynaecology.
Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecologists.
British Society of Urogynaecologists.
International Continence Society.
Association of Early Pregnancy Unit.
The International Urogynaecology Association.
British Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology.
Association of Early Pregnancy.
Northampton NHS Trust