Search for a Specialist
Mr Ian Reilly is a Consultant Podiatric Surgeon at the Woodland Hospital specialising in injection therapy and all aspects of foot surgery
Cortisone injection therapy for Morton's neuroma and plantar heel pain, verrucae curettage and needling, nail surgery - phenol and incisional, soft tissue and ganglion excisions, hammer toe, forefoot and bunion surgery, flatfoot and rearfoot surgery.
• Independent Prescribing (University of Northampton)
• International Adviser: The International Foot and Ankle Foundation
• MSc in Theory of Podiatric Surgery (Queen Margaret University)
• Diploma in Principles of Podiatric Surgery (University of Brighton)
• Diploma in Management Studies (Dist.) (Nottingham Trent University)
• Ambulatory Foot Surgery (Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists)
• Certificate in Managing Health Services (Open University)
• BSc in Podiatric Medicine (University of Westminster)
• Diploma in Chiropody (Northern College of Chiropody
Articles – Indexed
1. The position of the tourniquet for forefoot surgery. N. Aslam, C. Pasapula, I. Reilly. JBJS - British Volume, Vol 85-B, Issue SUPP_III, 251.
2. Inter-professional relationships between orthopaedic and podiatric surgeons in the United Kingdom. Isaac A, Gwilym S, Reilly IN, Kilmartin TE, Ribbans WJ. Ann R Col Surg Engl. 2008 Vol 90(8): 663-670.
3. The Scarf Osteotomy: A technique variant: the trotation scarf and Akin osteotomies for hallux valgus: Short term results of 73 cases. Lopez F, Reilly IN, Murphy AL. The Foot and Ankle Online Journal. 2015. 8(1): 3.
4. Longitudinal plantar approach for excision of interdigital perineural fibroma of the foot: a case series and literature review. Flanagan G, Reilly IN. The Foot and Ankle Online Journal 2016. 9 (1): 1.
5. Chapters: Medical and social history; Laboratory tests; Pre-operative assessment. Assessment of the Lower Limb. Merrimen and Turner (2nd Edition, 2001). ISBN-10: 0443071128.
6. Chapters: Medical and social history; Assessment of the surgical patient. Assessment of the Lower Limb. Merrimen and Yates (3rd Ed.) 2008. ISBN-10: 0702052477.
7. Foot and Ankle Injection Therapies. SA Metcalfe, IN Reilly. Churchill Livingstone. Mar 2010. ISBN-10: 0702031070.
8. Chapters: Nail Pathology and Nail Surgery in Brown’s Minor Surgery. (3rd Ed.) Aug 2014. ISBN-10: 1444138367
• Patient feedback can be left at https://www.iwantgreatcare.org (search for Ian Reilly)
• Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/podsurgeon.co.uk
• Twitter - @podsurgery
• Instagram - podsurgeon
• You Tube - search for Ian Reilly/Podsurgeon)
• Health and Care Professions Council – Podiatrist (1988 to date) - No. Ch10189
• Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists (1988 to date) - No. 11219
• Surgical Fellowship of the Surgical of the College of Podiatrists - 1997
• Completion of Higher Training in Podiatric Surgery (CCPST) - 2002
• Tutor and Examiner: 2006 – date
• Member/Chair of the Board of Examiners in Podiatric Surgery 2009 – date
• Committee of Directorate of Surgery Board Member: 2011 – 2015
• Expert Witness Institute (2009 to date) - No. 7460
• Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (Glasgow) - No. 124757
• Fellow, Faculty of Podiatric Medicine (2017 to date)
• Royal Society of Medicine: Fellow (2018 to date) - No. 717651
- Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst: TA Commissioning/PQO Courses: 1993/2000
- Troop Commander: 3 Med Sqn - Op Telic 2 (Iraq 2003-04)
- Captain: Regular Army Reserve Officer (current)
Northamptonshire Healthcare Foundation NHS Trust
Monday am, Thursday am and pm