Professor Faruque Ghanchi, MBBS, MS (Ophthalmology), MML, FRCS (Glasgow), FRCOphth is a Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon & Retinologist in West Yorkshire who specialises in retinal disorders.
Cataract and Vision rehabilitation:
Professor Ghanchi initiated his cataract surgery in 1986, refining surgical techniques to modern small incision phacoemulsification and has trained many eye surgeons.He provides patient-centred cataract surgery, usually under topical drops or local anaesthetic.
For patient with macular disorders and cataract, an option for vision rehabilitation with IOL AMD lens is now available.
* Phacoemulsification Cataract Surgery including premium lenses - including Multifocal Lens / Toric Lens
* Vision Rehabilitation in Macular Disorders – IOL AMD (Eyemax Mono)
Professor Ghanchi can provide comprehensive assessment, patient-centred care & tailored treatment options using modern retinal imaging available. He has extensive clinical and research experience of current intravitreal injections,photodynamic therapy and retinal laser treatments for various retinal disorders including:
* Macular Degeneration (AMD)
* Diabetic Retinopathy & Diabetic Macular Oedema (DMO)
* Retinal Vascular Disease, retinal vein occlusion (RVO)
* Central Serous (CSR) Chorioretinopathy
Professor Ghanchi has been Consultant Ophthalmologist in Bradford since 1999 following training in India, UK and a scholarship sabbatical at the University of Iowa in USA. He is a renowned ophthalmologist and leading medical retina specialist and has contributed to medical research over last 20 years with a number of scientific publications in medical journals and scientific conferences including invited lectures at national and international meetings.
* MBBS Gujarat University 1986
* MS (Ophthalmology) Gujarat University 1989
* FRCOphth Royal College of Ophthalmologists 1992
* FRCS Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Glasgow 2006
* MML University of Glasgow 2008
* Honorary Visiting Professor of Ophthalmology (University of Bradford)
* Honorary Senior Lecturer (University of Leeds)
* National Vice Lead, Ophthalmology, NIHR CRN
* Section Editor, Eye (Royal College of Ophthalmologists)
* Examiner, FRCOphth, FRCS (Glasgow)
* Head-Bradford Ophthalmology Research Network (BORN)
* Royal College of Ophthalmologists (London)
* Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons (Glasgow)
* The Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology _ARVO
* Yorkshire Retina Society (Founder member)
* Indian Ophthalmological Society
* North of England Ophthalmological Society
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Thursday & Friday mornings @ the Lodge Specialist Eye Centre, Yorkshire Clinic