Medical Quality and Efficiency
As we see it, medical quality is our top priority. We have a medical council incorporating external skills; know-how and expertise, from across our operations in Europe.
A successful quality assurance programme is a fundamental pre-requisite for patient safety and for the effectiveness of the processes with which we are involved. This imposes rigorous demands on the skills and expertise of our employees.
Our laboratories have full unconditional CPA accreditation, incorporating ISO 15189.
- Consultant Pathologists are Members or Fellows of the Royal College of Pathologists
- Consultant Pathologists have full registration with the GMS and appear on the Specialist Register
- Consultant Pathologists take part in relevant EQA schemes and take part in the Royal College of Pathologists CPD scheme
- There are regular audits of the laboratory’s activities including the quality of reports and overall delivery of service
- All permanent Biomedical Scientists are members of the Institute of Biomedical Scientists, take part in CPD and hold Certificates of Competence
- The laboratory takes part in National EQA Schemes (NEQAS)