Search for a Specialist
Mrs Liz Backhouse specialises in counselling, psychotherapy and stress management at Oaks Hospital, Colchester
Psychotherapy and counselling with a specialist interest in stress management and cancer counselling
Mrs Backhouse is a British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy Senior Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist and a Registered Member MBACP. She is also a Registered Nurse.
She set up and ran a counselling service for an NHS Trust for 17 years and has run a private counselling/psychotherapy practice for the past 18 years.
Training and Qualifications
- Diploma in Humanistic Person-Centred Therapeutic Counselling
- Diploma in Professional Studies
- Primary Certificate In Crisis, Trauma & PTSD Counselling
- Primary Certificate In Problem Focused Psychotherapy
- Primary Certificate in Stress Management
- Primary Certificate in Rational Emotive Behavioural Therapy
- Certificate in Stress Management
- Certificate in Working with Survivors of Abuse
- Registered Nurse
Mrs Backhouse is a British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy Senior Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist and a UKRC registered Independent Counsello. She is also a member of the British Psychosocial Oncology Society and the Faculty of Healthcare Counsellors and Psychotherapists.