Mobile imaging offers high-quality imaging services, including MRI and CT scanning, in movable imaging units that can travel between medical facilities.
What is mobile imaging?
Mobile imaging is the provision of diagnostic imaging services, such as MRI and CT scanning, through a bank of transportable imaging equipment units. These mobile imaging units move between our hospitals to ensure you receive local, convenient and comfortable care whilst benefiting from the latest technology and equipment that is at the forefront of diagnostic imaging.
What are the types of imaging?
Imaging is a range of tests that create pictures of parts of your body. These images help screen for possible health conditions before symptoms appear, diagnose symptoms, and monitor health conditions or their treatment.
There are many different types of imaging and each imaging type uses a different technology to create an image. Common types of imaging include:
- X-rays - produces images of your internal tissues, bones, and organs using invisible electromagnetic radiation energy.
- CT (computed tomography) scan - creates multiple pictures of the inside of your body using special X-ray equipment and sophisticated computers.
- MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) – takes images of the inside of your body using a large magnet and computer.
- Ultrasound - high-frequency sound waves and a computer produce images of your blood vessels, tissues, and organs.
- Mammography - low-dose X-rays examine a woman’s breasts to help the early detection and diagnosis of breast diseases.
What is a mobile MRI scanner?
A mobile MRI scanner is a self-contained unit with an MRI scanner, control room, and often a patient changing room that can be transported between multiple hospital locations.
At Ramsay, our fleet of modern 1.5 Tesla MRI mobile scanners offer innovative technology with leading applications and patient comfort in a mobile environment. Our mobile MRI scanners move between the Ramsay hospitals to offer local MRI scanning for our patients.
What is a mobile CT scan?
A mobile CT scanner is a computed tomography system on wheels. The CT scanner is inside a specially designed trailer that can move between our hospital sites.
At Ramsay, our Siemens 64 slice mobile CT scanner offers high-definition image quality with a low dose. It is designed for patient safety and comfort including a spacious changing room, a relaxed environment, and quick scanning.
Overview of imaging services Ramsay Health offers
At Ramsay Health Care, our diagnostic imaging services provide fast, local and convenient access to investigations.
Our Ramsay hospitals offer a comprehensive range of imaging services using the latest technology that are staffed by highly experienced and skilled radiographers and consultant radiologists.
- General X-rays – electromagnetic radiation examines and creates an image of most areas of your body and is mainly used for bones and joints.
- CT scanning - our CT 64 slice scanner offers a wide range of examinations and fast scans for your comfort. It creates detailed images to diagnose conditions including damage to bones and internal organs, blood flow problems, stroke, and cancer.
- MRI scanning – our 1.5 Tesla MRI scanners scan all organs and parts of your body, especially your brain and spinal cord. We produce high-quality scans in 20 to 40 minutes, depending on the part of your body being scanned.
- Ultrasound – sound waves create an image of your internal body structures including abdominal and pelvic organs, muscles and tendons, heart and blood vessels, and developing foetus.
- Mammography – our screening mammography detects early breast cancer and diagnostic mammography detects and diagnoses breast cancer in women experiencing symptoms.
What is the cost of a mobile imaging test?
The cost of a mobile imaging test will depend on the type of imaging test you require, how many areas need scanning, and your Ramsay hospital of choice.
You will receive a formal quotation price when booking your scan with us. This formal quote for your scan will be valid for 60 days.
Most diagnostic scans are covered by medical insurance policies. Ramsay is recognised by all major medical insurers. We advise you to check with your insurance provider and obtain their written authorisation before booking your mobile imaging test.
Mobile imaging at Ramsay Health Care
Ramsay Health Care offers a modern fleet of five 1.5 Tesla MRI mobile scanners and one mobile 64 slice CT scanner. Our mobile imaging delivers leading technology and applications at speed, both safely and comfortably.
Our expert and experienced teams of radiographers and consultant radiologists provide clinical excellence in a caring and compassionate environment.
We offer convenient appointments without waiting for our mobile CT and MRI scanning throughout a 12-hour scanning day.
All of our hospitals follow strict protocols to control and prevent infection and keep our patients safe.