Ramsay Health Care UK Pledges its Support to the NHS
30th June 2020
In response to the national health emergency caused by COVID – 19, Ramsay Health Care UK pledged its full support to the NHS to provide capacity, staff, equipment and facilities.
The overall contribution provided by Ramsay teams includes:
- Over 1,000 beds and 100 operating theatres made available across 33 Ramsay Hospitals
- Over 50 new procedures performed including urgent cancer surgery and chemotherapy services
- Loaned over 50 ventilators to local NHS Trusts
- Over 4,000 urgent NHS referrals treated every month
- 205 Ramsay team members volunteered or were seconded into NHS ICU or palliative care wards
The partnership working between Ramsay Hospitals and local NHS Trusts has been extremely positive ensuring some of the most vulnerable patients requiring vitally needed treatment have continued to be able to access quality healthcare services throughout the last 3 months. We are very proud of all our teams, standing shoulder to shoulder with their colleagues in the NHS and demonstrating our core value of ‘People Caring for People’.
Read the full IHPN report here.